Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Friday, June 18, 2004

Power of Reconciliation

My wife and I first met at a church Christmas musical program. We remained friends for a few months before popping the question (not marriage proposal ok?). That was almost 12 years ago and now we’ve been married for 3 ½ years. These years have not been easy going, especially during our courtship.

We almost broke up when we were studying in the US back in 1996. It was due to some character flaw in me. However, we managed to pull through and our relationship got stronger since then and needless to say I’ve changed too! 8-)

I guess the both of us can’t do what we’ve done (her acceptance of me again and my character/attitude change) without the help of God. I called this the power of reconciliation. I was reminded again of this scenario when I was reading Bill Hybels’ book titled Fit to Be Tied. One of the key things mentioned to keep a relationship going is reconciliation. He said that we’ve to tell ourselves that our spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend is not our enemy when we’re in an argument or disagreement or quarrel (or whatever you want to call it) because often times we feel that way and it don’t help a bit for reconciliation to happen. He said that Jesus has reconcile us back to him, likewise we’ve to reconcile with one another. It saddens me how easy it is for people to quote irreconciliable differences as the reason for divorce.

Reconciliation is no doubt one of the weapons we’ve used to ward off any attacks on our relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home