Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Fathers' Day

This is my 2nd Fathers’ Day. Time flies, memories are still so vivid when I was in the labour room with SL. And now, NN is almost 2 years old. Reflecting back at these 2 years, being a father has been quite a joy, no doubt there are times where I feel like pulling out my hair (literally!). My mum use to tell me so many times that you’ll know the feeling when you become a father. It’s true, it’s a feeling that’s hard to describe.

The toughest time as father for me is when NN contracted pneumonia at 6 months and has to be hospitalized for 3 days. My heart ached so much when seeing the doctor put in the needle for the drip into her little arm. She was wailing non-stop. Never have I felt such heartache before and even now writing about it still causes tear to well up a little in my eyes.

It’s a great responsibility to bring up a child, not only as a good human being but as a child of God too. Having said all these, it’s been great being a father! And hopefully I’ll be a 2nd time father soon. Ya, only God know when. 8-).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember what B brought up the issue of sex, money and power and how we can turn them to good things, I guess child is another good thing from sex ya... :-)Sky

9:59 AM  
Blogger Sivin Kit said...

naughty Sky ... a great responsibility indeed, plus a the pursuit of a "degree" that never ends and we'll never graduate!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home