Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Dilemma

Since SL started her new job, I’m the one to send NN to the babysitter. Today for some reasons, she cried all the way from our home to the babysitter’s place. When we arrived, I carried her and she stopped crying for a while and started wailing again as I began to approach the babysitter’s home.

I felt bad for having to send her there. The ideal scenario is for one of the parents to be with the child. Of course, in today’s society it’s quite tough to achieve that, especially with all the human wants. I use to tell SL to give me 8 years and she’ll be able to be a stay-home mum (and yes I do have a realistic plan to achieve that). Furthermore, that’s what she wants to be. She always ask me (jokingly) if she can stop work and stay home. Of course, that’s what I want too, especially if we want to have a 2nd child. Nowadays, babysitters’ fees are not cheap at all. Since none of our parents are available to help take care of NN during the day, we’re left no choice but to send her to a babysitter. Our hope is that when NN is slightly older, she would want to follow her grandmother during the day.

I’m very tempted to accept my uncle’s offer for me to help him run one of his company. Basically, he owns quite a number of companies. Due to his lack of trust of outsiders, he has called me numerous times to help him but I hesitated. Firstly, because it’s not my area of expertise. Secondly, I’m enjoying what I’m currently doing. The dilemma is he’ll be able to offer me much better than what I’m currently getting, and probably this will allow us to live on one income.

At the moment, I still have not yet decide. I’m just trusting God to show me what to do. This is life and it’s what we’ve to go through by the grace of God.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

so often it appears the grass is "greener" on the other side. When in reality that maybe an "illusion", I suppose life is a paradox between taking risks for new adventures and being in a state of restfulness and contentment. But when we know who we are in God then we can make better choices in what we do. Because "where the Spirit of the Lord is there's freedom", where God is it's always "green"

6:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home