Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

...When necessary use words

There’s much talk about the need to engage people in conversations when doing evangelism in this age. However, I think generally people don’t want to talk about things like these. Most of the time or the time I spent when my non-Christian friends, the impression I get is they’re not interested in talking about those stuffs. So, what do we do then?

There’s time for us to engage in conversations and also time for us to let our lives speak. However, if our lives don’t show what we engage them in conversations, then I don’t think it’ll make any difference. Worse still, friends will think that we’re just pretending or hypocrites in the name of imposing our values on them.

Yeah I’ve heard that we’re no saints and not many can boast of a life which can really show the values of Christ, but why should we be so ideal? If so, we could think we don’t need Him. It is the imperfection that gives us the reason to admit we’re no perfect being. That in itself is a virtue that we need to show our friends that we need to first admit our sins and depend on Him. This will hopefully help us to be more authentic and real in front of our friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

I just met a stranger last week who was willing to talk about "religious" matters and of course it was tied in with areas of politics (esp. the USA recent elections) and some philosophical questions so there were many different starting points, one thing struck me .. when I asked him has he asked his Christian friends the questions he asked me, he said he was concerned that his questions would "offend" the Christians and he was very polite and apologized a number of times to me for his questions (and I kept telling him it's ok). I believe deep down all of us have many connecting points to listen to each other and share from our lives (especially how God's grace is so amazing!), I was encouraged by this young man who kept me an extra 30-40 minutes after the forum. He told me he was willing to talk because this was an open forum and he expected me to be open to his questions which I was. What a delightful surprise - breaks stereotypes of what we imagine people to be and what others imagine we are :-) That was a wonderful Friday!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home