Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Home-schooling

These days, I have been hearing quite bit about home-schooling. I think many people have been complaining too much about the M’sian education system so much so that it propels them to think about this option.

However, I don’t think home-schooling is a solution to the problem. In my opinion, home-schooling itself has its fair share of problems. Lack of interaction which others stands out clearly. I believe this will lead to lack of social skills too. Learning should involve others and not be individualistic. Home-schooling gives me that impression that it is. It’s like a Christian saying that one can worship, pray, and read Bible all by himself and need not attend corporate worship gatherings.

I still think that one can’t remove the parents from the education equation. That is, kids should still go to regular schools and parents should also be involved. Parents are often too detached when it comes to their children’s education. That is exactly why tuition centres are popping up everywhere.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sky: I am looking into this homeschooling also, if you want more info, I can give to you... It is not what you think as you wrote up there, find out more.. let me know :-)

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home