Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Friday, November 26, 2004

Lasting Impressions

Just got a call from this particular headhunter for the 3rd time and finally she has made an appointment to meet up with me to talk about some career opportunities.

Recalling more than 2 years when I got my current job through a head-hunter also, I can’t help but wonder where this is going to take me next. As usual, there’s some fear to even think about change right now because I’m truly enjoying my work at the moment, not to mention also my colleagues and friends here. However, I’m always open to explore other opportunities as they come my way. Maybe it’s also time to explore and learn new things. I recalled how my learning curve when up exponentially when I started here and now it’s starting to plateau. So, a change would definitely be good to keep me going with my learning.

Someone once said, “When I change jobs I wonder what kind of legacy I’m leaving behind.” If I leave, I would certainly like my friends to remember me for something encouraging. My salary, job, learning, etc. are all temporary, but in the end touching lives is the most permanent thing I leave behind.

4 Comments:

Blogger Skyhover said...

ya.. this is the main reason I left my accountant profession, because I can't "touch" the number, but certainly yes for my students' lives. :-)

4:20 PM  
Blogger Sivin Kit said...

you are the second person I heard who have been contacted by "head hunters". Yesterday, I heard one and today another. Both of you must have a good reputation to get "head hunted". Strange term isn't it? I mean "head hunting" wonder how it originated. A little amusing ...

4:22 PM  
Blogger Sivin Kit said...

one more thing .. I like the last line on legacy and touching lives ... we leave mini-legacies when we "transition".

4:23 PM  
Blogger skng74 said...

not sure about good reputation...but these people really know how to hunt people down.

sky, if u can't touch the numbers then i can't touch the software...hehe 8-).

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home