Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Whirlwind of Events

I seldom leave my handphone on at night, however last night I just felt the urge to leave it on just in case someone need to reach me. I got a call at 5.40am this morning from mum informing me that my grandma has just passed away.

We had to pack up quickly and get ready to return to KL for the funeral. As I was about to start the car, I found out that it won't start and the problem was with a dead battery. Thank God my father-in-law could drive me to get a new battery.

We reached KL quite exhausted in the evening and then took a nap before adjourning to the funeral later in the night.

The next day, we spent the whole morning and afternoon getting ready to proceed for the burial in Nirvana Memorial Park. Everything went quite smoothly despite the rush to get the funeral completed before the CNY. It was quite sad to see some family feud which happened during the funeral. Rather than allowing my grandma to go peacefully, one of my aunt chose to create a scene.

After all that, we had to rush back to Penang for SL's family reunion dinner which we missed as we arrive quite late in the night 8-(. Phew! I'm glad we survive these 2 days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

our deepest condolences .. just found oout today.

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home