Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

New Year's Random Thoughts

New year, new hope, new alignment. Our journey together as one is fast approaching the 4th year. Thanks to Him, we’ll have a new member soon to be added to the fold. With what is still going on until this day from the day after Christmas, I can only thank Him for our lives & the relationships, which we’re still enjoying. I would often need to hold back tears reading about children losing parents and parents losing children because I can’t imagine myself going through that.

I just received an email from a friend and was telling me how he wanted to achieve “American” dream before settling down with his girlfriend. Again and again, I’m being told of people wanting to chase after what seems to be endless to me. I told him that it’s not a good excuse to continually defer his settling down.

SL and I are really excited as we approaches the day when she will proudly be a homemaker, though it’ll be 1 more year to go. She often talks about how she could spent more time serving in whatever ways needed in BLC or other places.

I continue to thank God for my job, which has very much stabilized as compare to the 1st year I started. I begin to have more time for family, for ministry, etc. In fact, I’m so satisfied with it that I think “I shot myself in the foot” when I attended an interview 2 weeks ago. The interviewer asked me what is the reason for me to leave my current company. I said there’s no reason and I’m very happy with my current work. I even asked for an exceptionally high expected pay that the interviewer said it’s the only problem he is having with me. I said I have to give myself a good reason to leave when there’s no reason at all. So, as my time spent in my job stabilizes, my hope is to be able to use the rest of it for other purposes which I’ve yet to know. But definitely for something beyond myself, ourselves, because for God to bless us this way I believe He wants us to move beyond self-centeredness.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

To turn the Socratic phrase around, "A reflective life is worth living..." (his original I think was "an unreflective life is not worth living" of course, he must it very strongly). I love the part you said, "move beyond" because indeed he's constantly been "moving me beyond" what I expected thus far.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home