Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Friday, March 04, 2005

Resignation (Conclusion)

Well, SL's MD kept to his word and reverted right after the CNY holidays. I don't believe it and I still don't even as I’m writing this. It goes against any logical or normal company policy. However, we know that His workings are beyond our logical minds. So...

I must say that we're very much shocked and surprised that the MD is willing to set a precedent to allow SL to work on a part-time basis. I was so sure that he'll disagree with the reason that others/future pregnant ladies of the company might pull the same trick ;-). Well, if the MD is not worried, why should we right? SL and I were in such mixed emotions, when talking over the opportunity, that we don't know what to make of it initially. We weren't prepared to receive this reply, so we were afraid that we'll make a decision that'll contradict our initial objective i.e. for SL to be full-time homemaker because we thought it's a steal not to take it (so to speak). After tabling our discussions with the MD again, SL struck a better deal in terms of the daily timing of work and also revised salary. No doubt she'll take a pay cut (obviously!), it's still a good deal for a 1/2 day's work. All these will take effect after SL’s maternity.

Hats off to the MD also who chose to take the unpopular decision in order to keep SL. After all, to most top management, no one is indispensable. I think I did mention this before and I'll say it again, good bosses are truly a gift from heaven. I’d also like to give credit to SL because the boss could have just let her go and get another person. After all, she has only been on the job for 9 months. Though, SL will not go full-time homemaker just yet but we thought that this move is good too. It’ll give time for her to adjust from "working in the office" to "working at home" at a gradual pace. So, who says, "You can't get the best of both world"? I think we just did, at least for our context and for making some adjustments. I guess He does really keep to His promise to honour us when we honour Him. PTL!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy for you too and it is very encouraging.. I am sure God is on your side. :-)

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home