Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Thoughts After Sunday II

Pastor SK said someone mentioned that it’s really difficult to be a Christian at work when one is so bogged down with work. That is why I don’t have the intention to climb the corporate ladder. Generally, the higher you climb, the more responsibility you’ve to shoulder. I’m sure some may think that I’ve no ambitions (in the eyes of the world or maybe Christians too!). Frankly, in the corporate world if I don’t climb the ladder, I’m not sure where I can go in 5-10 years time. Surely, no company would want to pay a higher X amount to anyone when they can pay a lower Y amount to some fired-up-raring-to-go freshie. Therefore, I’m taking a day at a time at work and see how I can touch lives and at the same time asking God to touch this very imperfect me and also keeping an eye out to see what else I can do in terms of vocation.

God placing all of us in our various workplace is one thing, but being able to counter the distractions and problems associated with it and be effective Christians is a totally separate thing. May God help us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

you said : I’m taking a day at a time at work and see how I can touch lives and at the same time asking God to touch this very imperfect me and also keeping an eye out to see what else I can do in terms of vocation.

I think we might also need another "table talk" on "vocation" and hear how each of us can work things out practically, share ideas and offer encouragement

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home