Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Pop Culture

** Disclaimer: I’m not promoting this Harry Potter book. **

The new Harry Potter book, The Half Blood Prince, is out barely 24 hours and it sold over 2 millions copies. Man, I just don’t understand what makes something so sought after. Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Star Wars, are some shows/books which commands extremely high number of viewers/readers. I’m never a fan of any of these. I haven’t even finish watching Lord of the Rings part I. Yes I know, I’m not kidding (I hear you ask). Somehow, the more popular something gets the more I’m repelled by it. I’m not afraid of being the odd one out. Having said that, I’ve nothing against all these. It’s just that I’m not attracted to them at all. That’s why it’s beyond my understanding how they can be so popular.

Sometimes, trends can happen in churches too. Christ came to do things differently and not follow trends but yet accomplished His mission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home