Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Monday, December 27, 2004

Tsunami!

It was a frightening sight on the Star newspaper front page today about the Tsunami disaster. Worse still, it happened on a weekend holiday where many were at the beaches in the region. I got an sms from my boss on Sunday morning asking if I felt any tremor as I live in an apartment building. At first, I thought my boss was in the joking mood during the holiday season. However, after watching the news did I know that it was for real.

We, Malaysians, have taken for granted that there are no natural disaster in our country but nature just unleashed one of the worst earthquake/tsunami since the 20th century.

I would like to dedicate the following prayer to the victims of this disaster :-

“Lord, we commit especially those family who have lost their loved ones in this disaster. For those who survived, we pray for quick recovery. We know, Lord, that physical wounds may heal quick but emotional wounds may not. Therefore, we ask for your Holy Spirit to come and sweep over those who are mourning and ask you to comfort them. We pray that those leaders crisis situations of the affected countries will be vigilant in case there is a second wave. We also pray for them to know what to do especially for those countries which do not or have not experience natural disaster, like Malaysia. Lord, we ask for your protection for areas which are vulnerable for a second wave. Amen.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

Once we heard the news we quickly got whatever newspaper we could get at the nearby village/town.

For now, I echo your prayer with Amens. And tonight, we'll pray some more.

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home