Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Unwind

One of the times I look forward to during any day is the time when we put NN to bed. NN will make sure that the both of us are around to accompany her to bed. When I'm not around, SL said that NN will keep on asking where is daddy.

This is also a time when we read stories to her. I remember Mr S.I. Tan said that it's not so much of quality time together with kids but adequate time. So, we make sure that we at least spend this time with her, other than bringing her to parks, swimming, my mum's place or LL's place to play with the cousins.

In addition, SL and I will unwind by talking with each other and sharing how our day have been. This has not only strengthen our relationship with NN but also with one another. Keeping the communication channel open with one another helped us not to hold back anything in our relationship.

It's funny that NN will only sleep when we are talking with each other. Just a moment ago, when SL was trying to put her to bed, NN refused to sleep and kept on asking for me (was out for a while). When I returned, I joined them on the bed and as I was talking with SL, she fell asleep within minutes. That never stop puzzling me...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

hey! is this a common experience amongst married couples with their first kid. our ah-boy also enjoys the "dancing" sound waves of his parents talking before he sleeps :-) all in all, it's good for us all!

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home