Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Saturday, July 31, 2004

Visitation

I was encouraged to see more than 20 of us from BLC visiting Rumah Hope today. The kids are great, just a little hiccup in the program schedule otherwise we might be able to spend a little more time interacting with them. Nevertheless, I feel it's a great start for BLC to reach out in this way for a change rather than always to our own peers.

It's interesting that one of the Rumah Hope staff said that getting donation in the form of money isn't tough these days, it's individual's time and effort. I guess our society (and church, maybe) has reach the level whereby giving financially isn't a problem, it's giving our time and effort.

Like I've prayed, it's not us who are going there to bless them but they have reminded me to "...look not only to your own interest, but also to the interests of others." Phil. 2:4

1 Comments:

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

this is a really encouraging post. I'm looking forward to hear more when I return. And I FULLY AGREE that time and effort are key areas that we can improve on. Well done BLC and all those who got it going!

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home