Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Monday, July 19, 2004

Adults pampered too...

This past weekend we took the kids to Megakidz in Midvalley Megamall to have some fun. As I was accompanying NN playing, I noticed I'm the odd one out in that particular play area. Why? The other kids (most of them) had their maids playing with them instead of their parents. Hmm...either I'm not getting something or they aren't.
 
I know that places like these, provide the parents an avenue to "dump" the kids while they go shopping. I guess that explains why the maids are accompanying the kids. I'll also give the benefit of doubt to those parents with several kids and need help with some of them. But most of them had maids with them?? That raises a question mark in my head.
 
Generally, I think M'sian adults now are more pampered than ever. Instant gratification is more evident than I thought. I see parents who in the name of no time, too much work, etc, chooses to take the shortcut of leaving the kid with babysitters, in-laws, etc and only picking them up during weekends or maybe not at all until they're of certain age. Now with maids coming along so easy, parents have also left the parenting to the maid, sad to say.
 
That is one reason, I refused to even consider getting a maid (not that I need one). I feel it, generally, makes us lazier. With a maid, maybe we'll also take the easier way out too. God has called us to multiply but not multiply irresponsibly.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SB: Yes, I think having a maid adds a layer in our lives which ultimately complicates life even more. I wonder how neighbourly I would feel towards a 'live-in' maid?

I do want to live a normal REAL life -

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sky: I like you last statement... not multiplying irresponsibility...

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SB: Sorry guys, but I don't agree with this 'multiplying irresponsibly' thing- we seem to be pathetic with our 1-2 breeding program... all in the name of selfishness I feel (I'm guilty here too!)

My mum produced an offspring of 7 children- what a wonderful ministry in itself!

6:43 PM  
Blogger skng74 said...

I guess I’m referring more to those who want kids but want the easy way out. You won’t believe how some people would leave their kids to a babysitter until an age where it’s more manageable to take them back. So, who is being selfish here?

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sky:

I think SB see the different lenses with me. I see the multiply as verb, so I put "not multiplying irresponsibility" that means not to promoting irresponsibilities. And I understand SB see it as multiply as having lot of children. Am I right? :-)

1:39 PM  
Blogger skng74 said...

You're right. Hmm, I guess you could see it from your perspective as well.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home