Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Family Ties

Today, NN just turned 2. Time flies as I was watching a video of her when she was 1. There’s some pressure around us to have our 2nd child. But we’re not bothered with the pressure at all. We enjoy the times we have with NN now, as she is out of the “extremely lots of care needed” period. So, we’ll try enjoy this for some time before going for our 2nd.

We celebrated NN’s and SL’s birthdays. Initially, we planned to celebrate my dad’s birthday as well because the 3 of their birthdays fall one after another. However, it’s disappointing that he chose to go with his friends, again. Even more disappointing is my mum who chose to work on 31/8 instead of celebrating her only grandchild’s birthday. But I thank God that my sister and brother turned up.

That is how it is with my family when come to family ties.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

happy belated Birthday NN .. wow! time flies indeed ... you've grown to be a sweet young lady (the combination of the best of papa and mummy)! God bless you.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SB: I thank God that He is our perfect parent indeed!
Yes, all children want is the time from their parents...
nothing else is a substitute.

7:01 PM  
Blogger James Tan Chin Choy said...

I felt sad when you shared about what happened during one of our mid-week Prayer sessions. When dealing with people, and even with family, sometimes I am forced to employ the 'lowered-expectations' approach, not so that I can feel better, but for us just to get along.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home