Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Sacrifices

Today is SLs last day of “work”. Well, more of last day of her maternity leave. However, she is not returning to work anymore. She struck a deal with her MD to allow her to resign at the end of her maternity leave and still get paid for it. TG!

SL has made countless sacrifices throughout her life, sacrifices which many women of this time and age would not make, not even for their spouse or children. To say that I applaud her for that, is a gross understatement. The only thing I can do here is to write a short tribute for her.

Exactly 10 years ago, she was given an opportunity to rise quickly in the corporation which she was working for. Without hesitation, she chose not to pursue the opportunity but to go to the US to further her studies. A major part of the reason for doing so is also to be with me because I was pursuing my degree there too. Had she accepted the company’s offer to stay on, she would have “prosper” handsomely there, which is the path many will take. I guess the both of us didn’t regret taking the journey together while in the US. It was definitely an eye opening experience living in a foreign land with foreign people for close to 6 years. The experiences were priceless.

Exactly 10 years after, history sort of repeated itself for SL. Once again, she chose the unpopular path, i.e. to be with our kids full-time rather than pursuing the career which she had once left behind. An amazing woman, she is 8-). I used to tell her that she is really flexible. She can really be a career woman if she wanted to or she can really be taking care of our household full-time if she chooses to as well. I’m glad we both made the right decision for us together. Now, the start of a new journey together as One!

1 Comments:

Blogger Skyhover said...

Let's uphold one another. It is not easy I can tell you my first hand experience, but I guess we are called to rely on Him more and more. Security in Him or $$$, a thin line to decide

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home