Life Together as One and Beyond...

Our journey together as one going through the many facets of life.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Going Abroad

I’m surprised to hear more and more people are trying to “explore” abroad, or should I say get out of Malaysia. I’ve heard all sorts of reason ranging from better paying job to girlfriend to greener grass to getting out while you can.

I’ve also had my fair share of people asking me about my life abroad since SL and I had been very privileged to have the chance to live, study, and work abroad for 6 years literally on the opposite side of the world. My answer is always if you haven’t had the chance, by all means go ahead and try it. Never try, never know. For SL and me, we’ve not regretted one bit our decision to return home. Looking back, we see 6 years full of experience that we can only dream of having. The only regret we have is not having the chance of visiting our friends and relatives there anytime soon.

Going abroad to get away from Malaysia is not in my list of good reasons. What so bad about this nation, I wonder? Whatever it may be, we should not overlook the strengths and focus too narrowly on the weaknesses.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sky: Look at the recent cases and meetings happening in KL and Sel, you will understand why and how faithful tax payers feel....

6:19 AM  
Blogger Sivin Kit said...

it's encouraging that in spite of discouraging elements which are present in our imperfect country you still see value in being here.

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home